Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bevy Smith


Okay so one of the many reasons why I love working in a luxury boutique hotel is the fact that we get to cross paths with some extremely interesting and influential people. The other day I had the privilege to meet Ms. Bevy Smith and Mr. Brian Michael Cox... although this is my second time meeting Mr. Cox (very nice and polite dude), I was completely in awe with Bevy Smith! She is almost (I say almost because there is always the potential to be more) everything that I aspire to be. I've been paying attention to her work for a minute now and having finally met her, I feel very humbled. Not only is she an extreme event planner, she has a background in fashion, music, and travel. She is also a freelance writer (one of my next goals)and television personality. Although she is fabulous, she gets paid to showcase other fabulous people and their accomplishments. Her welcoming, friendly, and sophisticated personality made me immediately feel adequate. I have yet to meet a woman of her caliber with such poise and coolness. She reminded me of a nonchalant auntie that had experienced so much in her life, all you want to do is soak up everything she had to share. Below I've posted a video from last year when Bevy hosted a dinner party with my biggest crush(lol)Kenny Burns at my job for The Gilt Groupe.com. To name a few, Bevy has hosted events for top music artists and producers including, Chris Brown, T.I., Mya, Vanessa Carlton, Trey Songz, Ashanti, Ja Rule, Solange and Musiq Soulchild. She has also thrown parties for brands, Tanqueray, Hugo Boss, Housing Works, Veuve Clicquot, Latina Magazine and Ten Cane rum.
I love this woman!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment